For almost all people it is not if, but when the power will be lost to your tank. If you have Ecotech Vortech pumps you will get a lot of value out of the Ecotech Battery Backup module. It is one of the easiest battery backup solutions on the market, and once you piece together another battery backup configuration there is a ton of value in the Ecotech line and their battery backup
In an aquarium with no flow, fish and corals begin to die in as little as 4 to 10 hours. The VorTech Battery Backup is reef tank insurance in an aluminum housing. By adding the VorTech Battery Backup, your tank is insulated from power interruptions for up to 36 hours with the MP40w and up to 72 hours with the MP10 and MP20. The Battery Back-up is now compatible with the Ecotech Vectra Return Pump too (booster cable required).
- Backup power for 30 or more hours on a VorTech Pump.
- Can connect to another Battery Backup for two times the run time.
- Comes with trickle charger so you’re always prepared.
- Complete package comes with all the wiring cables needed. Specifications
- 18 Amp-Hour 12-volt sealed battery.
- Powder-coated white aluminum housing.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 9" x 7" x 3.25" (228mm x 177mm x 82.5mm)
Note: Ecotech Vectra Return Pumps require the Ecotech Vectra Battery Booster Cable for operation